We feature Trane gas furnaces. Whether you are looking for lower energy bills from an environmentally conscious system, or a standard value system we have options. Scroll to view our product line.
Trane Comfortlink Furnace
Match with our Variable speed outdoor units.
- XC80 80% Efficiency – XC95m 97.3% Efficiency
- Works with XV20i or XV18i condensing units
- 2 stage heating powers up when you need it
- Superb humidity control variable speed fan
- Automatic configuration with communication control
- Get the most efficiency out of your Trane system.
Trane Two Stage Gas Furnace
Power When You Need It
- S8 – 80% Efficiency, S9 – 90% Efficiency
- Managed Speeds for comfortable heating
- Heat output adjusts to the needs of the weather
- ECM Vortica II variable speed blower
- Excellent match for 2 speed outdoor units XL18i or XR17
- Also works with Tranes XR lineup as well as the XL16
Trane Single Stage Gas Furnace
When simple reliability is the answer
- S8 – 80% Efficiency S9 – 90% Efficiency
- High Efficiency ECM Vortica II blower motor
- Durable and economical
- Matches perfectly with condensing units from 14 to 18 SEER
BTUs = Heat
Heat output is rated in BTUs. Heat Pump BTUs are calculated by Tonnage x 12,000, so a 3 ton unit will make about 36,000 BTUs. To compare, the typical furnace installed with a 3 ton A/C systems would be about 100,000 BTUs. This translates into two to three times faster heating.
Gas Furnace vs Heat Pump
For a Clearwater (Tampa Bay) area home
- Heats without drying the air
- No Harmful combustion gasses
- More Energy Efficient then gas
- A/C system not idle in winter
- 40s and below has trouble making heat
- Blowing air can feel cold during defrost cycles
- Supliments with expensive electric heat
- Makes powerful heat regardless of outdoor temp
- Can quickly warm cool spaces (see BTUs = Heat)
- Quiet – no outdoor unit running during heat
- Heat cycles may keep the cooling coil cleaner
- Deadly carbon monoxide must be monitored
- Can make the air and your skin very dry
- Cost of fuel more expensive per BTU
Information about gas furnace efficiency and our area.
Furnaces group into two efficiencies: 90% and 80%. The 90% are a condensing style furnace which require special combustion air venting. Retrofitting to a 90% can be quite expensive. The base cost of 90% furnaces cost about 25-30% more than an 80%. An additional cost is involved in retrofitting to accommodate a 90% when an 80% has been removed. If your home does not have natural gas currently, it can be a considerable expense to have that service installed. In a northern area with a long winter, the extra expence will eventually pay for itself in savings, in our area customers be confident in knowing they have a smaller carbon footprint. As a consumer, it is up to you to best decide how to heat and cool your home.
Advanced Cooling Systems, Inc.
1660 N Hercules Ave STE E
Clearwater FL 33765
Phone (727) 738-6006
Services We Provide
Indoor Air Quality
Pool Heat Pumps